As of March 18th, 2022, the following rules will be in place for the Allegheny County Law Library.
Disclaimer: Visitors are expected to comply at all times with the following health and safety rules. While these rules are intended to mitigate health and safety risks, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to present risks of a unique and uncertain nature. The ACLL cannot guarantee that a visitor who uses the facility will not contract COVID-19. In using the ACLL, visitors assume responsibility for compliance with the health and safety rules described herein for their personal protection and the protection of ACLL staff and other visitors, and assume the risk of exposure to COVID-19, which risk is being mitigated by the ACLL’s operational adjustment and staff and visitor compliance with health and safety rules, but which risk cannot be totally eliminated.
NOTE: VISITORS WHO DO NOT OBSERVE THESE RULES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE AND BUILDING SECURITY WILL BE CALLED. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
- ALL VISITORS MUST BE DOING WORK RELATED TO LEGAL DOCUMENTS OR LEGAL RESEARCH.
- FACE MASKS ARE RECOMMENDED BUT NOT REQUIRED, REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS.
- VISITORS MUST OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES.
- LIBRARY HOURS ARE FROM 9:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M., MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
- THE LIBRARY HAS A MAXIMUM CAPACITY OF 30, INCLUDING STAFF, AT ONE TIME.
- COMPUTER USAGE IS STILL BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. CALL 412-350-5353 TO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- PC APPOINTMENTS BEGIN ON THE HOUR OR HALF-HOUR
- LIMITED TO ONE VISIT PER DAY
- MAY NOT EXCEED A TOTAL OF 2 HOURS FOR MEMBERS AND 1 HOUR FOR NON-MEMBERS
- CONTACT THE LIBRARY STAFF TO CANCEL/RESCHEDULE
- ARRIVING LATE WITHOUT RESCHEDULING KEEPS THE APPOINTMENT HOURS THE SAME AS FIRST REQUESTED
- VISITORS MAY BRING IN ONLY ONE PURSE and ONE BRIEFCASE OR BACKPACK.
- THERE IS A 10 BOOK USAGE LIMIT PER VISIT.
- THESE RULES ARE IN EFFECT AS OF JUNE 2021 AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANYTIME.