As of July 2022, the following rules will be in place for the Allegheny County Law Library.
Disclaimer: Visitors are expected to comply at all times with the following health and safety rules. While these rules are intended to mitigate health and safety risks, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to present risks of a unique and uncertain nature. The ACLL cannot guarantee that a visitor who uses the facility will not contract COVID-19. In using the ACLL, visitors assume responsibility for compliance with the health and safety rules described herein for their personal protection and the protection of ACLL staff and other visitors and take the risk of exposure to COVID-19, which risk is being mitigated by the ACLL’s operational adjustment and staff and visitor compliance with health and safety rules, but which risk cannot be totally eliminated.
Note: visitors who do not observe these rules will be asked to leave and building security will be called. There will be no exceptions.
All visitors must be doing work related to legal documents or legal research.
1. Face masks are recommended but not required, regardless of vaccination status.
2. Visitors must observe social distancing at all times.
3. Library hours are from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
4. The library has a maximum seating capacity of 48 with 9 additional seats at the computers.
5. To ensure availability, Lexis / Westlaw computer usage is by appointment. Please call 412-350-5353 to make your appointment.
6. Contact the library staff to cancel/reschedule
7. Visitors may bring in only one purse and one briefcase or backpack.
8. These rules are in effect as of July 2022 and are subject to change at anytime.