Limited Opening by Appointment Only
MAY 2021 UPDATE:
Following City-County Building guidelines, masks are no longer required in the ACLL for patrons and staff who have been fully vaccinated.
FEBRUARY 2021 UPDATE:
The Library is open for a maximum number of 10 people (4 will be staff). As a result of the pandemic, this is subject to change with short notice. Since you need to call for appointments, we suggest that you call us at 412-350-5353 to make sure we are open!
You may call us at 412-350-5353 or email us with your request via email@example.com.
The library is now open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by appointment only. Please call 412.350.5353 to make an appointment. Visits are limited to one per day and may not exceed two hours.
The following policy applies to all visitors to the Allegheny County Law Library (ACLL).
The health and safety of ACLL staff and visitors is paramount and accordingly, the ACLL has made operational adjustments related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Policy: Visitors are expected to comply with the following health and safety rules for using the ACLL. While these rules are intended to mitigate health and safety risks, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to present risks of a unique and uncertain nature. The ACLL cannot guarantee that a visitor who uses the facility will not contract COVID-19. In using the ACLL, visitors assume responsibility for compliance with the health and safety rules described herein for their personal protection and the protection of ACLL staff and other visitors, and assume the risk of exposure to COVID-19, which risk is being mitigated by the ACLL’s operational adjustments and staff and visitor compliance with health and safety rules, but which risk cannot be totally eliminated.
Health and safety responsibilities, expectations and obligations:
Visitors who do not observe these rules will be asked to leave and building security will be called. There will be no exceptions.
- Visitors must be doing work related to legal documents or legal research.
- Unvaccinated visitors are required to wear masks or other appropriate face coverings over their mouths and noses while in the ACLL at all times.
- Masks are not required on patrons and staff who have been fully vaccinated.
- Visitors are expected to follow all social distancing rules set forth by the CDC, federal, state, and local authorities, including maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet in all directions from other people.
- The Allegheny County Law Library Hours are from 10 AM to 5 PM.
- ACLL has a maximum capacity of 26 persons including staff.
- Visitors may use the ACLL facility by appointment only.
- Visits are limited to 1 per day and may not exceed a total of 2 hours.
- Computer time is limited to 1 hour and 1 extension of 15 if no other visitor is waiting to use that computer.
- Visitors may bring only 1 purse and 1 briefcase or backpack into the ACLL.
- Visitors must remain in the circulation desk area or the reading room.
- Visitors must comply with all directional signage.
- Only 1 visitor may use either restroom at a time. The availability of the ACLL facility and staff are subject to change without notice due to health or safety issues.
Adopted: July 29, 2020